Employment OpportunitiesHelp Animals Live Good Lives!
- Must have animal experience.
- Must be able to lead a team of 6-8 employees harmoniously.
- Must be able to be comfortable being the “face” of our shelter while dealing with the public.
- Must be able to delegate tasks appropriately in order for the whole facility to run at peak performance.
- Must be comfortable with computer programs linked to our shelter… from databases that keep track of the pets in our care to social media posting and networking.
- Must be able to maintain a budget, including but not limited to payroll, veterinary and office.
- Must be forward thinking… we strive to grow our enrichment, volunteer, foster and offsite programs.
- Previous experience in management and non profit a plus.
- Must be compassionate, reliable, dedicated and ready to not only save lives but enrich the lives of our pets while they await forever homes while balancing an amazing staff and group of volunteers.
- Work day is from 8-4 but must be accessible after hours occasionally By phone or email for consults or issues that may arise.
- Must be able to make our monthly board meeting which is the 3rd weds of every month at 7pm.
- Must be a confident decision maker.
- Must be able to handle pressured situations.
- Must have reliable transportation.
**Please only apply if you have animal experience in a professional setting**
The Humane Society of Walden is a no kill shelter which runs as a non profit. This could be a rewarding career for the right person.
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
The Humane Society of Walden is seeking a part-time Animal Caretaker.
- Must be hard working and have an absolute LOVE for animals
- Must be a team player
- Must be 21 or older
- Must be able to work with animals (cats & dogs), some cranky
- Must be pleasant while working with the public
- Must be reliable
- Must be able to clean well with little supervision is a timely manner
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Duties include, but not limited to: cleaning kennels, walking dogs, administering medication, socializing cats and kittens.
Position will start at 8-12 hours per week and will increase as you get familiar.
Interested parties please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.