Shelter tours to view our adoptable canines must be scheduled in advance. Post-covid research, and our own, has shown that the continual flow of strangers through the animals’ spaces increases stress levels and creates unwanted stress-induced behaviors such as barking and jumping. Our animals’ health and well-being are our top priority.
Walk-ins to meet our adoptable felines are permitted.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- The adopter must be the individual who will be the animal’s primary caregiver and must be present for the meet and greet appointment
- Present a valid government-issued photo ID (drivers license, non-drivers license, passport, visa, etc.)
- Agree to adhere to our policies regarding the adoption and long-term care of animals listed in the adoption contract
- The adopter and other members of the household must have no prior history of conviction of animal neglect or abuse
I want to get my family member or friend a pet as a gift. Can I do that?
We do not adopt animals out as surprise gifts. Adopting an animal is a huge, years-long commitment. It is in everyone’s best interest to be involved in the adoption process, especially the primary caregiver of the animal. You can surprise your loved one and still pick out your new pet together!
Is there an age requirement to adopt?
Yes, you must be 21 year of age with a valid ID.
Still have questions?
Call us 845-778-5115 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to answer your questions.
The Humane Society of Walden reserves the right to refuse an adoption application for any reason.