** UPDATED March 23, 2020**
Keeping Everyone Safe
We love pets, and we’re passionate about the care we provide to them. As more cases of COVID-19 are being reported in the Hudson Valley we taking these additional measures to keep our staff, pets, volunteers, and visitors safe.
– WE HAVE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC until further notice. Staff will still be available by phone from 8 AM – 3PM daily. If you have an approved application on a pet our staff will be in touch with next steps. Staff will still post daily photos and videos of our adoptable pets so we can stay in touch.
- We have cancelled all upcoming March events. Including the Ukrainian Egg Dying (3/20 & 3/27) events at Duffy’s; Adoptability Training classes on Friday’s; Sunday walks in the Park; HSW Board Meeting (3/18); and HSW Yard Sale (3/19).
- We have suspended all New Volunteer Orientations through the end of March.
- We have suspended all Volunteer activity at our Walden location.
- We have suspended all in person donations for the shelter, this includes donations for our Yard Sale room.
- At this time, our PetSmart adoption centers in Middletown and Monroe are still open.
We will continue to refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and other public health agencies to determine the safest course of action.
To date, there is no evidence that companion animals or pets can spread COVID-19 (per CDC guidance). For the latest information about coronavirus and pets, we encourage you to visit the links below:
- who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus- 2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters
We did not make this decision lightly and will continue to monitor the situation and will keep you updated as changes happen.